Saturday, December 14, 2013

Lights (Part II)

I think I could make an entire blog dedicated to lights at this point! More things this cowgirl learned...

It is possible to change the type of light bulbs a light fixture will take. For example, I had a flush mount light I bought at the Restoration Hardware outlet (more on that fabulous place in another post). The problem was that it only took a B10 light bulb. I had a licensed electrician (lights are one area I say do not DIY!) switch out the socket so that the light now takes an A series (AKA normal, standard bulb). The electrician assured me that the light is safe and not a fire hazard.

Dress up plain shades! Shades are one tell tell area that makes lights look big box retail. Get out the glue gun and glue ribbon trim onto the shade. Painting (with a good ole' can of Rustoleum spray paint) the inside of a shade adds interest, makes it look custom, and casts a softer glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and questions here. I ask that you keep it friendly and no spam. Have a wonderful day!

Followers